The docx, xslx, pptx formats and others are OOXML. There are deviations as well as features (such
as encryption) that are not part of OOXML.  But most of the non-support claims about Microsoft
honoring OOXML are based on the fact that early implementations supported the transitional flavor
of OOXML.  The move to the strict flavor, a separation created in the ISO process, has been made
over time along with continuing support of transitional OOXML.

My experience is that deviations with respect to the OOXML standard are documented better in
Microsoft on-line implementation notes than is done by any implementations of ODF-based software.

Microsoft Office also supports ODF 1.1 since Office 2007 SP2 and ODF 1.2 is supported in the new
Office 2013.  There are public, on-line implementation notes and documentation of deviations for
those too.  I've also heard that European versions of Microsoft Office can be set to have ODF as
the default format.  I have no way to confirm that and I am not certain that is new with Office
2013 or is also the case for Office 2010.

The main binary formats, and RTF (a text-carried format) are now all documented and that has been
true for a few years. All of the specifications are freely downloadable.

 - Dennis