Hi :)
At the top of each column is a greyish box with the columns reference number in it.  Similarly for
each row.  Clicking on one selects the whole column, or row so you can format entire columns or
rows at a time.

At the top-left corner above the top row and before the first column is an empty greyish box.
Click on that to select the entire sheet.

There is probably a way to set your formatting as default for every new sheet, perhaps something to
do with styles?  If so then you might be able to apply the style to existing sheets and ones from
other people as well as new sheets.
Regards from
Tom :)