2012/10/13 Dr. R. O Stapf <reinhold@stapf-online.com>

I made a test I did before (maybetooo long time before) and
    reported today a bugBug55954-EDITING: copypaste issues
        - Japanese text from writer into calcWhat I remember from my
previous test( I used LO 3.5.4 or 3.5.5)is thatI got what is called in
Japanese "mojibake" and can be
        imaged as wingding symbols, thus unreadable characters. This
        time with LO 3.5.6.2 at least all characters where correct.For
Scott to compare what I did in the test with what he did
        during his import process here the bug report:beginProblem
        inconsistency
        opf the paste results depending on the paste methode (pasting
        directly into cells or pasting into the input line). Details are
        be seen in the attached files.
Steps
          to reproduce:

1.
          copy a Japanese text in writer

2.
          paste directly into a cell in calc creates a too small font
          neither
          matching the font in writer nor default in calc, color is
          black

3.
          paste into the input line creates the same font result but
          color is
          gray.

4.
          when increasing the font size in calc overlapping of Japanese
          characters occure depending on the width of the column (this
          can be
          seen in the attached calc sheet when changing the column
          width)

Current
          behavior:As
          described aboveThe
          same issue should appear with all double byte word languages
          (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai etc...)

Expected
          behavior:when
          pasting Japanese from writer into calc the font should be as
          in
          writer or as the default font in calc (type, size, color)

Platform
          (if different from the browser):

LO
          3.5.6.2 / XP SP3

Browser:
          Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101
          Firefox/16.0end
<!--
                @page { margin: 2cm }
                P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm }

I can confirm Dr R O Stapf's remark above, i e, copying text to Writer
from, e g, Japanese or Chinese newspapers and then copying a portion of
that text and pasting into a cell in Calc results, depending upon the
length of the text, in cell boundaries being exceeded. This running Version
3.6.0.1 (Build ID: 360m1(Build:101)) of LibreOffice on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04.
The web browser used to copy from the sources was Firefox Nightly 19.0a1
(2012-10-13)....

Henri