I have not found any deals for me or my associates that would bring buying MSO for under $100. It looks like your people had bought MSO-2010 and just bought the right to add in on a few more systems.

With the new pricing structure that MS is doing, i.e. renting that was in a different thread, it will become expensive to buy MSO soon.

When I was using Windows for all my computer needs, I "sniffed out" as many free packages as I could. I was not able to afford to buy the software I needed and had to find legally free sources. I still maintain a Windows software list page for such free packages, but I do not look for those packages actively any more.

MS is talking about a "family plan" license for renting and installing MSO on all of your household system for one low-price-per-year, but I hate the idea of renting my software. [this idea was beaten to death in a different thread so do not start it again here].