Hi :)
It is always possible that different locations end-up with a non-standard version of LO.  Part of
the ethos of OpenSource is that people can make changes.  If they don't send their change in to the
main development process here then they miss the chance to push their changes through a decent QA
and the beta-testing that happens on millions of real-world machines around the world.

However, corporate organisations might want to do things like getting their logo and branding in
their on the versions their staff uses.  Magazines might want to bundle LO in different ways or
whatnot.  So even though you might end up with a non-standard version the changes might well be
trivial and even beneficial.

However none of that is the problem that was alluded to.  Most sources of non-standard downloads
will give their own md5sum and/or Sha to deal with the main problem.

The issue alluded to is that accidents might happen during download or copying and Cds/Dvds might
end-up with scratches or smudges while still appearing to work.

Regards from
Tom :)