I use the free versions of Comodo. They have free [and paid] anti-virus and full security packages that include firewalls. I use to use the free AVG, but then I had to add a separate firewall package, like Zonealarm. Now I use only Comodo's free package that has both types of security. Of course, that is to say that I use Comodo only on my Windows systems.

When I only used Windows systems, I maintained a list of free options for packages. This link starts the section on security software. I do not update it [much] anymore, but the list does have some good options. http://www.lungstrom.com/list/#thisvirus

.