Give it a rest.

I am 60. I know what an RFQ and what an RFC is. I know what NATO is and
what a BFF is, lol.....   I know where I can go to find acronyms because
I spent the time to go look. And if someone references zotero,  instead
of asking a dozen times what it is, I can spend two seconds finding out
for myself. The same applies with respect to AOO,  which one could find,
knowing the context, in 15 seconds..... And I know that no matter what
term I might use on this list,  someone will argue that they want to
know what the term means and eventually that I used the term
inappropriately.

Like "Engineering", for example. Let's argue about what an engineer is.
The neighbor kid thinks an engineer is someone who runs a train.
Someone want to argue that? I think the Roman Army was staffed with
engineers. Someone is going to tell me I am mistaken because Roman army
did ENGineering, not engiNEERing?  SOmeone else wants to suggest that
today engineers are "Scientists"?  Not according to the spokesman for
the Higgs Boson team, lol....
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2012/08/mars-rover-should-not-get-so-much-attention-say-higgs-boson-scientists.html
, rofl.....  but, come on,  this is a grgeat place to discuss anything
other than LibreOffice!

I apologize if I appear rude (yes, I am aware of the Latin root and
would like to spend some considerable time on this list discussing the
use of "rude" as meaning impolite, as opposed to unlearned,  but think
doing that in a new thread would be preferable, though we could argue
about the appropriateness of a new thread to accomplish same here for a
bit),  but I have a burr under my saddle, as it were, and it seems to me
if one is going to chew some butt,  one might as well chew as much butt
as one can chew....  kind of a how much wood can a wood chuck chuck
thing.....  (no, this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q6Ti9xCX_M - has
nothing to do with it)

If one looks at the bandwidth on this list I think one would note, on a
regular basis, that a substantial portion is spent arguing over
communication style (as is the case with this epistle.)

Give it a rest.