Hi :)
Is the Ubuntu side full-up?  If you open a folder to look at the documents inside then the menus at
the top of the file-browser allow you to tick

View - "Status bar"

Then the status-bar at the bottom of the window shows how much empty space there is on the Ubuntu
drive/partition that you are trying to save the file into.  It might be worth emptying the wastebin
and if you open your email client then empty the wastebin in there to.  Also which folder are you
trying to save into?  It should be fine in "Documents" or another suitable folder but some system
folders are protected.
Regards from
Tom :)