Hi Jan,

I've had very, very good luck with LibreOffice, and prior to that, OpenOffice, by using the direct downloads rather than the version in the repositories. Disk space doesn't seem to be a problem. I've never used a SSD, but I've read where they have a finite number of times that they can be written to. What I would suggest you try is to install the version of LibreOffice from their site. I assume with it being a netbook you are running 32 bit. If so, you can do the following if you wish to give this a try:
1. Download the current LibreOffice version 3.4.5 from here:
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/#
Make sure you get the Linux x86 (deb) version for a 32 bit system.
Download this file to your desktop, or copy it to your desktop once you have it downloaded.

2. Right click on the downloaded folder and extract it to your desktop. You will then have a folder called LibO_3.4.5rc2_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US on your desktop.

3. Run the following three commands in the terminal:
sudo apt-get remove libreoffice*.* This will remove your current LibreOffice version from your system. You will still have your preferences that you presently use.

sudo dpkg -i ~/Desktop/LibO_3.4.5rc2_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US/DEBS/*.deb This does the basic install.

sudo dpkg -i ~/Desktop/LibO_3.4.5rc2_Linux_x86-64_install-deb_en-US/DEBS/desktop-integration/libreoffice3.4-debian-menus_3.4-502_all.deb This installs your menus.

I've never bothered with the help files which are a separate download. Once you have done the above steps, you can easily add the portions of LibreOffice in the Launcher bar by clicking on the Dash button (top button on the launcher bar), and typing libre. All of the applications will show up. Simply left and hold the button down the ones you want and drag the icon to where you want it in the launcher.

If you should happen to be running 64 bit, I can send the instructions for it.

I don't know if there might be an issue with your configuration file being corrupted. I've never had that happen, but some folks have. I don't have those instructions, but others on this board do.

Good luck!

Don