Just to ensure I have read this thread correctly, the problem happens only on one computer and only on different drives attached to that computer.

Have you noticed other problems on that computer? If no, then I think it is probably corruption in the installation of LibreOffice. For that, I suggest you do the following:

1. Make sure you have all your personal data backed up. I think you said you did, but I just want to make sure: One possible source of this problem could be a weak component in your computer, which could get worse at any minute. I don't think this is likely from what I've read of your case, but it's wise to be prepared.

2. Confirm where LO is installed. This may not be necessary if you have only one hard drive on that computer, and all software is installed on that hard drive.

3. Run "fsck" on that drive (http://linux.die.net/man/8/fsck). If this identifies no errors, I'd uninstall and reinstall LO; with luck, this should fix it. If it finds errors, is the computer still under warranty? If yes, I might take it for a warranty repair, Alternatively, if the number of errors it finds and fixes is small, you might be able to get away with uninstalling and reinstalling LO -- and possibly a few other pieces of software you have not yet noticed were corrupted. This might not fix it if the problem is in some portion of the operating system used by LO but not often by other software that you If it finds many errors, that suggests you will want to do something major with the hard drive. The cheapest option might be to reformat the hard drive and reinstall the operating system and all software from scratch. However, that might fix this LO problem, but you still might have other problems not too far identified; or if the hard drive is generally weak, it could fail in another month. The option, I think, with potentially the least work on your part is to replace the hard drive with a new one, and install the operating system and software from scratch. This could be an attractive option if you could configure your current hard drive as a second drive. With this, you might not need to do all the installation work at once.

      Hope this helps.

      Spencer
p.s. You might want to add the things you do to fix this to your resume ;-) When I was laid off in 2009, I resolved to not buy any software if I could find an acceptable open source alternative. Since then I've learned a lot about computers I didn't know before.