Hi Jan,

On 02/11/2012 03:32 PM, Janice Chandler wrote:
On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Tom Davies<tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

Hi :)
Is the Ubuntu side full-up?  If you open a folder to look at the documents
inside then the menus at the top of the file-browser allow you to tick

Hi Tom,
Yes, I have a full install of Ubuntu. I have a 160 gig HD and it does not
have partitions, except for a small swap area. I still have more than 130
gig available.

I learned several years ago to save all files  of any importance to an
external drive. Right now I use a 16 gig ssd, which is about half full. I
have tried to "save as" to a different area, such as the home documents
folder, but get the same error message.

Jan

I have not seen any problems with LO causing a hang and searching I have not found any reports that seemed to fit the problem.

Space is not  a problem, Ubuntu needs maybe 5 - 8 gig for most people.

I use Mint 12 (Ubuntu 11.10) plus but use a libreoffice ppa instead of the Ubuntu repository. You can install the ppa using:

/To add the PPA and install LibreOffice add 'ppa:libreoffice/ppa' to your software sources or run the command below in a new Terminal session: -

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install libreoffice /

sudo will ask for your user password (logon password)

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com