There were two version of LO for Windows, but not there is only one.

It is better this way, since it could have caused confusion about which version do you need to download and install.

Yes, the custom install will give you the languages you want. You will also need to go to the dictionary section to make sure you install only the ones you want, instead of it installing 5 or 10 other language dictionaries.

I remember the first time I used the "all language version" without a custom install for Windows. I got all of the different language dictionaries that was included with the install file.

It would be nice to have some "Custom" install option for Linux. Then you can install the English version without having the Spanish dictionary being installed and locked. Will I not get Spanish dictionary when I install the Spanish language pack? Why force it on the English Only user who does not want to install any Spanish options? Sometimes Windows is easier to deal with for software installs. Linux does have it perks though.

It would be nice to have English-only de the default, with the other languages, like Spanish, be added as you want it, not at the install time. IT is hard to disable dictionaries that are installed and locked. When you want to use different versions of the dictionaries, than the locked installed version, it is an issue. My English dictionaries are a case in point. Both my dictionary[s] and the locked one is being used. When you go to the Thesaurus option, my word options are listed, then the locked English dictionary word options are listed. Is assume that when you do the spell checking you spell check with both English dictionaries. What happens when there are different hyphenation instructions in the two English dictionaries? Will it use the first one it comes to, the second one, or try to use both?