Hi :)
Ok, can you increase the memory allotted to this sort of thing?
Tools - Options - Memory

Also i have found it better to make sure both the pictures and the document are stored locally
rather than accessed over a network.  It helps to edit the picture with Gimp or something to try to
get the pictures file-size down.  Jpg is quite nasty lossy compression.  Png is usually better.
Gif is often great for logos.  I try saving the picture in all 3 formats and then see which is
lightest and which looks best.  Sometimes cleaning up an image so that it has less random
weirdnesses where it's been broken (such as "wake" and stray fuzziness around the corners of things
in a jpg) can significantly improve the quality of the picture AND drop file-size at the same time.

Note that cameras and even phones are taking hugely higher resolution pictures which are making
pictures heavier and heavier even at the same physical size.

Regards from
Tom :)