Dennis

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 19:48 -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

I agree.  I think the question was asked better here, in terms of what the consequences for user
choice are.  I also think the answer about Draw and Impress is nicely concrete.

The only way I can think of other than that is to see how those features show up in the XML
representation of the document.  Then one might look to see if there are any others in documents,
but hitting one that way may be a wild-goose chase.  I agree, there should be a documented list
somewhere.

It would also be good to see how such features are ignored in other products (older versions and
newer) that were doubtless implemented in ignorance of those features. (An easy thing to check
would be to see what Word 2007 would do with an .odt having comments in drawings.  A standard
action would be to silently ignore the extension.  I can try Symphony too.)

This may be off-topic for [libreoffice-users] except understanding about the interoperability
impact of configuration options seems useful for those who work with multiple products.

To me it is on topic basic it furthers understanding of the
import/export problems with MS Office formats. This question comes up
fairly often and being able to answer it more correctly helps

- Dennis

PS: Won't your viewer wordwrap?  I know that there are screwy HTML archive pages that don't
figure out when to use <p> instead of <pre>, so wordwrap is disabled. (I would love a browser
button that caused wordwrap to the current width of the browser page.)

My problem, as in all of these things, is then I have to do a setting like that with everyone and
not everyone likes the result of fixed line lengths (especially when the level of quotation leads
to a new line break).

I'll consider it though.