Atomic

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 17:26 -0700, At0mic wrote:

Onyeibo Oku-2 wrote:

Looks like we have an M$ fanboy. Perhaps U should try some of those
opensource recommendations first and see if they don't perform before
taking a side

See, this is what I don't like about the open-source community. If I express
an opinion that suggests things are NOT completely 100% great about
open-source software and that maybe, just MAYBE, Microsoft knows what
they're doing with regards to software at times, I'm labelled a fanboy.

Jesus fucking Christ look at your self. Microsoft DO make good products at
times. If you keep your blinders on and don't accept some people LIKE using
something such as Windows 7 for example, open-source software will never
compete. I don't understand why I'm now the enemy for not following the
religious fevor of some zealots.

I personally (emphasis personally) prefer and promote FLOSS/Linux when
appropriate. However there are situations where Windows applications are
better particularly in gaming and some cad/cam software.

My objections to Windows is it is relatively slow compared to many Linux
distros (I have dual boot system). Also, for me, almost everything I do
can be done easily in Linux. But not everyone is a position to were this
is true. However, this does not mean that software is automatically bad
because MS produced it.

Many of the legacy problems in Windows actually can be traced back to
IBM blundering when they introduced the PC in 1981. IBM was set to
release the PC and did not have an OS, so they asked MS to provide one
on short notice. MS located, licensed, and later bought the rights to
DOS. Backward compatibility means that some poor design decisions in the
original DOS are lingering in Windows to this day. If anyone really
wants to point fingers about Windows, ask IBM how they planned for users
to use a computer without an OS, I have often wonder about this.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com