On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 12:54 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:

Hi :)
Thanks Sigrid.  Copy-left agreements such as the Creative Commons used in
artworks, video, documentation and elsewhere is a very new concept that can
allow people to copy, modify and redistribute.

The traditional idea of "public domain" is merely that you are allowed to read
it and if you are really lucky you might be allowed to copy a  certain number of
lines.  The laws around it are quite turgid, confusing and vary from country to
country.

TDF Documentation Team often use a "CC by SA" (a Creative Commons) license.
Creative Commons offer a variety of approaches allowing authors, sculptors,
artists, musicians and others to decide just how flexible they want to be about
allowing people to redistribution or modify or give credit to the person that
created the original.

Regards from
Tom :)