On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:16:14 -0700
"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:

Um, that statement makes no sense.  Public domain documents require no license.  They are either
someone's copyright and licensed under the GPL or there's a quit claim on the copyright and no
license applies.

I think the statement makes perfect sense. There are countries, where you cannot give up your
rights (Germany and I think many other EU countries as well).

I would interpret this then in the following way:
If you live in a country where you can give up your rights, you can get those templates as "public
domain".
If you live in a country where you cannot give up your rights, you can get those templetes under
the "GPL".

Sounds reasonable to me.

Sigrid