Hi

On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 08:32 -0400, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:

On 08/05/2011 12:22 AM, planas wrote:
Hi

On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 23:49 -0400, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:

So, would it be better to use the Oxford English or the British English
form of spelling?  Here in the USA, if we do not use "proper American
spelling" our papers are rejected for sloppiness.  I wrote "colour" once
instead of "color" and the professor was upset with me.  My 20 pound
[weight] dictionary had the English spelling first, so I used it.  I did
not know better in those days before computer were smaller than a normal
car or truck.

So do we use en_GB or en_GB-oed as the default one for "Queen and
Country"?  I think use Americans sometimes spell our words differently
so we can be different after we broke away from British rule.

LibreOffice's Tools>Language Settings>Languages>Localized --->  has 14
different listing for English.  More languages than there are versions I
can find to install or are in the install .deb files.

http://libreoffice-na.us/English/add-on-dictionaries-large-list/US_English_April-19-2011-dic-file.oxt
is the link to one that has the most up-to-date .dic file I could find.
I found the file and updated the original .oxt file with it.  Maybe
someone could do that for en_GB-oed to my it better and more up-to-date
than from a 2005 .dic file [which the one linked to before from OOo's
site has].

Actually 500 years ago, most people could not read.  So knowing how to
spell was not important.

Actually look at the number of different France/French language versions
- 4 of them - plus a few localized ones that no longer are called French
since they are so different.

20+ Spanish dictionaries are in the list I have at:
http://libreoffice-na.us/English/extensions.html#dict .  All localized
to a country which uses it.