Hi :)
Hmmm.  If the graphics card has been there for about a year then that's probably
not the issue.  If it was older then maybe it's fan might have stopped working
and the machine shuts down when the gpu overheats.  If the crashes had been
happening ever since putting the new card in then wobbly card might make sense.
Reseating the card might fix the issue but it's not as likely to be the problem
as i first thought given that it's about a year or so since you put the card
in.

When you boot into openSUSE do you get a boot menu with choices such as mem-test
and "recovery mode".  Recovery mode has a few house-keeping type clean-up tools
such as clearing temp folders and caches and checking dependencies.  Mem-test
keeps running if given a chance but just 1 or 2 tests and a single pass should
be enough.  Press Esc to reboot rather than let it run too long.  I don't think
those are the problems but it's probably worth checking.

I think the best chance is to use something like GPartEd to check the partitions
and to create a new partition large enough to put a fresh install of openSUSE or
another distro on.  Then see if the new fresh install has the same problem with
crashing.
Regards from
Tom :)