On 07/22/2011 09:42 AM, JeepNut wrote:
Hoping for some good news here.
Am using the openSuSE branded version of LibreOffice 3.3.3 OOO330m19
(Build:301) tag libreoffice-3.3.3.1 on openSuSE 11.3 and KDE 4.4.4-1.5.

Was editing a document that is pretty important (to me at least) and during
the process had tried to add a footnote.
I was editing the text in the footnote and almost immediately there was some
flashing of the screen and LibreOffice crashed, locking up the entire PC.
No mouse control, no keyboard control, nothing.
So I had to "reset" the PC.
Now the document is fubar.  When I try to open it, LibreOffice attempts to
recover but fails.
Then it tries to repair the file but opens only a blank page.
I've tried to open it without an extension and get a list of a variety of
application types to attempt any modicum of recovery, but no matter what I
try to open it with it either fails, or opens in a file of unreadable
gibberish.
I'd be THRILLED if someone would be able to actually recover this document
for me.
Nothing secret in it, I'd be happy to email it to anyone who'd like to give
it a try.  Even just to get back the text out of it  so that I could rebuild
would be fabulous.

Any chance at all to recover?
Open it with archive manager and see if there is any info in
content.xml. Any surviable text should be in that file.

BTW: Do you by chance have an intel graphics card in your system?