On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 10:39 -0700, upscope wrote:

On Saturday, June 11, 2011 01:35:34 AM Cor Nouws wrote:
Hi planas,

planas wrote (11-06-11 06:12)

On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 03:18 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
That would obviously result in an attitude in which people are not
only pushed back from the 3.4.0 to an older version, nor withhold
explanation about the choice they have to work with one or
another.. Well, each can find his own short or long sentences to
explain :-)

I have noticed that 3.4.0 seems to support 2010 docx and xlsx
formats better than 3.3.2. I have not had any major issues with
3.4.0, quirky one issue in Calc but not a show stopper.

Indeed. That supports an approach to let people work with the new
version too. Bugs however, are included. See e.g.
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/release-notes/#LO340

Best,
Can you install both at same time?

I would like to test 3.4.0 to see if any of the calc problems I have
with 3.3.2 are fixed.

ON Windows were 3.4.0 is no I could not. I have not update Linux from
3.3.2 or installed 3.4.0 along side yet.

The wierd part about MSO compatibility is I need both for different
reasons. At work our server MS Server 2003 does not understand any MSO
format after XP/2003 but a group I work has users who insist that
everyone uses MSO200&?2010 even those who have earlier MSO versions.
--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com