At 09:33 05/05/2011 -0700, George[s] Rodier wrote:
As a Canadian I recently attended LinuxFest Northwest in Bellingham, WA. It was a great event and LibreOffice was well represented there. All went well until I heard some folk calling it LeeBRAY-office. Ouch! Please, there is NO accent on the final letter in 'libre'- so no braying, eh?

Ouch indeed!

To my ears 'LEEbruh' would be close (Lee as in Bruce Lee or even Robert E. Lee and 'bruh' like the first syllable of brother in American).

And your Canadian ears should be respected, I say.