________________________________
From: webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <webmaster@krackedpress.com>
To: users@libreoffice.org
Sent: Wed, 4 May, 2011 0:20:59
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] [OT] Re: do not upgrade to Ubuntu 11.04 with
standard resolution widescreen monitor

On 05/03/2011 07:09 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 05/02/2011 06:41 AM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:
I am warning people.

Did you have a question regarding LibreOffice?
users@libreoffice.org: User support list for LibreOffice users needing
help with a problem.

I think you're looking for:
Please read this before posting there:

I thought to warn people here, since many have had Ubuntu issues related to
LibreOffice.

I thought someone should let the people know they might want to avoid upgrading
to 11.04 for now.  There are enough issues with it, as I have read, that should
make the "average" Ubuntu user wait for a bit before going to it.

It seems that there has been some issues between LO and Ubuntu 11.04 reported
already.

Actually Ubuntu seems to want you to run 32-bit even though you have a 64-bit
system.  That is what their web pages seem to say.  So since there has been some
issues with it and LO, and now my found issue with monitor resolution being
unsupported by my monitor even though 10.10 did not have it . . . . .

I thought to give another case for the LO users to avoid 11.04 64-bit for
awhile.

Hi :)
I get the opposite impression of Ubuntu.  It seems 'they' want me to use 64bit
versions when the 32bit has been a lot easier for me.  I think the 64bit repos
are a lot better now so the slight performance boost might be worth it.  I've
still only got 2Gb ram but that's not an issue any more :)

I thought it was kind to alert people that there might be issues for some people
with the 11.04 that are not a problem with earlier releases such as the last
LTS.  I have 1 machine that needs either 10.10 or 11.04 in order to run some
stupid new wireless dongle.  The old one worked but we upgraded to the new one
because it was new & more expensive and therefore must be better [sighs deeply]
[shakes head].  Anyway, most of the rest of the machines can stay on 10.04.  The
11.04 works fine on my virtual machine (in gnome) but i haven't really tried out
much stuff, including LibreOffice, yet.

So, thanks for the warning :)
Regards from
Tom :)