On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 2:20 AM, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions <webmaster@krackedpress.com> wrote:
On 05/03/2011 07:09 PM, NoOp wrote:

On 05/02/2011 06:41 AM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:

I am warning people.

Did you have a question regarding LibreOffice?
users@libreoffice.org: User support list for LibreOffice users needing
help with a problem.

I think you're looking for:
Please read this before posting there:

I thought to warn people here, since many have had Ubuntu issues related to
LibreOffice.

The Ubuntu community does a good job at collecting issues found in
LibreOffice on Ubuntu,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice
I doubt that there are extensive "Ubuntu issues related to LibreOffice".
There are little that can go wrong with the packaging of LibreOffice
for a distribution.

I thought someone should let the people know they might want to avoid
upgrading to 11.04 for now.  There are enough issues with it, as I have
read, that should make the "average" Ubuntu user wait for a bit before going
to it.

This is a separate issue; new distributions that appear in the spring
of 2011 have interfaces
that depend on 3D. The graphic drivers, especially for AMD/ATI and
NVidia are in transition,
and the chances to get something wrong when upgrading are bigger.
Therefore, if you are a happy Ubuntu 10.04 or 10.10 user and have
little time to fiddle with
issues, you can delay your upgrade for a few months. The same goes
with Fedora and OpenSUSE.

It seems that there has been some issues between LO and Ubuntu 11.04
reported already.

You can examine the issues at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice
and list those that are Ubuntu-specific.

Actually Ubuntu seems to want you to run 32-bit even though you have a
64-bit system.  That is what their web pages seem to say.  So since there
has been some issues with it and LO, and now my found issue with monitor
resolution being unsupported by my monitor even though 10.10 did not have it

This part that Ubuntu is advocating to use 32-bit even if you have a
64-bit capable CPU
is just the message found at
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download
which says «32-bit (recommended)».
What it means is that if you do not know what CPU you have, you can
just install the 32-bit Ubuntu and be fine.
The phrase that «Ubuntu seems to want you to run 32-bit even though
you have a 64-bit system» is not precise.
How would you explain to the end-user in a simple way which Ubuntu
(32-bit or 64-bit) to use? It's too messy.

I thought to give another case for the LO users to avoid 11.04 64-bit for
awhile.

It's great to use Ubuntu 11.04. If you computer's graphics card is
blessed and you get Unity without issues,
then you will have an excellent desktop environment. And LibreOffice
3.3.2 pre-installed and ready to use.
If your CPU supports 64-bit, then use the 64-bit Ubuntu ISO. If
unsure, use the 32-bit Ubuntu ISO, which works in both cases.

Anyway, we are going again off-topic.
If you want Ubuntu help, visit http://www.ubuntuforums.org/ and we'll
be glad to help.

Let's wear the LibreOffice hat in this list ;-)

Simos