On 05/03/2011 08:47 PM, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 2:20 AM, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions<webmaster@krackedpress.com>  wrote:
On 05/03/2011 07:09 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 05/02/2011 06:41 AM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:
I am warning people.

Did you have a question regarding LibreOffice?
users@libreoffice.org: User support list for LibreOffice users needing
help with a problem.

I think you're looking for:
Please read this before posting there:

I thought to warn people here, since many have had Ubuntu issues related to
LibreOffice.

The Ubuntu community does a good job at collecting issues found in
LibreOffice on Ubuntu,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice
I doubt that there are extensive "Ubuntu issues related to LibreOffice".
There are little that can go wrong with the packaging of LibreOffice
for a distribution.

I thought someone should let the people know they might want to avoid
upgrading to 11.04 for now.  There are enough issues with it, as I have
read, that should make the "average" Ubuntu user wait for a bit before going
to it.

This is a separate issue; new distributions that appear in the spring
of 2011 have interfaces
that depend on 3D. The graphic drivers, especially for AMD/ATI and
NVidia are in transition,
and the chances to get something wrong when upgrading are bigger.
Therefore, if you are a happy Ubuntu 10.04 or 10.10 user and have
little time to fiddle with
issues, you can delay your upgrade for a few months. The same goes
with Fedora and OpenSUSE.
Not a single article I read has stated that "in transition" issue or it depends on 3D. I wish they would have stated that in the dozen or so articles I have read. All they tell you is that if you do not like Unity, then you can use GNOME "the next time" reboot your system.

I wonder if 11.04 comes with a Kubuntu version. I will have to see, since I use GNOME with many KDE packages, so both desktops are installed on my system. Right now, my system [typing from it now] is back to 10.04 LTS so I will not be plagued with the "Upgrade Now" message every time I get the daily update-manager message for the newer packages.

I know that LibreOffice is in 11.04 distro, but was told once it was added to the 10.10 and/or 10.04 distros. Just OOo. I will have to remember how to do the "purge" command properly to get rid of OOo from my system. Actually, it seems that LibreOffice wanted to install some objects/packages that use OOo in their title. That came out the last time I got rid of anything OOo titled ones and then installed LibreOffice 3.3.0 [or first DEB package].

<snip>