On 05/03/2011 07:17 PM, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:
I have to keep one though.

Have you then installed CUPS-PDF?
yes, that's what I used to create the pdf.

That is my default printer on Ubuntu, even though I have an inkjet
Print-Scan-Copy printer and a color laserjet printer.

As with Windows, I need to have a PDF printer to save web pages and email
printouts without using paper.
Have you tried to increase the memory and the number of objects in the Tools>Options>LibreOffice>Memory section? This image issue came up a few months ago, if I remember. This was the only thing that worked for me, but I do not remember what was the final "fix" for the one who had placed the thread.

Graphics cache
use for LibreOffice --- 20 MB default
go to 50 to 100 MB or maybe 150% of the uncompressed size of your graphics/images JPEG compresses so it may need to be an uncompressed value, depending on how LibreOffice deals with compressed images. I JPEG graphic [shown in GIMP's Image property] is 536 KB in file size, but is 93.6 MB in memory. That is a big difference. You may have to make sure the cache is dealing with memory size, not file size.

memory per object --- 5.2 MB default
        go to at least needed for the largest graphic/image

Cache for inserted objects

Number of Objects    20 is default
go to double the number of images/graphics/objects you have included in your document. If you do not have enough objects placemarks in your cache, there are bound to be viewing and printing issues cropping up.

That should help.

LibreOffice>Print

do you use "Reduce bitmaps"?  Or any of the reduction check boxes.
The "Normal" and "High" print quality and the DPI could be looked into to help with some of the file size issues that could come up from time to time, but may not help with your problems.