Timing is always tricky and always "could be better" but worrying about that just means nothing
gets done.  I think the best answer to that is to have another one.  Hopefully the bad-timings
might eventually cancel out.  Perhaps make it a regular event?  Say 1/year?  or 1/6months?  or
always such that the  beta release appears halfway through or something?

I meant it would be great for different teams to promote themselves by posting to the Users List
maybe 1/month.  Perhaps the same one each time or perhaps letting the Users know of some recent
victory.  It might also be good to make a general announcement posted to the Users List to let them
know of all the teams but i think such a general announcement might just be too confusing for
people.