Hi Marc,
For you with that interest I can warmly recommend the book "The Art of
Community: Building the New Age of Participation" by Jono Bacon:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Community-Building-Participation/dp/1449312063/

Cheers,
Leif

2013/7/31 Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com>

As part of the marketing team, we often get so busy that we forget that
part of our responsibility is to not only foster growth in the use of our
product, but, and of large importance, that of fostering growth and
building community.

As it seems that we are all taking a well-deserved break after the release
of v.4.1, this particular article has appeared on the OpenSource.com
website. It makes for a good read and is quite well written from the point
of view of detailing some "tips" on building community.

I just thought that some of you would want to have a look at it, as, IMO,
we have strayed a bit away from building community and this may in fact
inspire those of us who contribute and remind us to encourage others, who
are sitting on the sidelines on our mailing lists, that there is a place
for everyone in our TDF/LibreOffice communities and that any contribution,
small or large, are most appreciated.

You can read the article by Nicole C. Engard here:

http://opensource.com/life/13/**7/10-secrets-open-source-**communities<http://opensource.com/life/13/7/10-secrets-open-source-communities>

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com