Le 2013-06-28 17:19, Jean Weber a écrit :

Well, an "official doc" need not be a trifold brochure, and a
portrait-oriented fact sheet can look just as official and
professional as any other marketing document -- or it can look like it
was "thrown together really quickly" as you put it. Likewise, a
brochure, however nice in appearance, may have been "thrown together
really quickly" -- as, indeed, was the one I did about the community.

That said, I agree that having both can be useful, assuming some one
has the time, interest, and energy to do the work.

BTW, my earlier comment may have left the impression that I intended
to just print a web page. What I meant was to take the info on that
page and create a handout. That's essentially what I did with the
community brochure, but fitting the info into the space available on a
trifold can be more difficult and time consuming. I was rather
surprised that everything fit so well with minimal tweaking necessary
for that one.

--Jean

Sorry, after re-reading my post it sounded a little harsh which was not my intention -- such is the dangers of email correspondence. I was only hoping that we would speak to both groups rather than just one. I find that the project relies a lot on what has always been done and needs to try to connect to other new and available groups in other ways.

As to the other group of devs, in our particular case, while we pride ourselves on our opensource base and philosophy we never seem to acknowledge the "income" side of the project, which, without it (just look at our list of Advisory Board and or our list of Companies who now have employed certified developers) we would have difficulty in surviving. These two lists are really lists of "for income" entities who make money off of the project. There is obvious interest by "income" groups and we should also make some marketing push towards them as we do to the opensource interested groups. There are contributor members to be had from this other group.

We need to grow community in different ways.

I will take care of putting the brochure together once I get some free time to get to it.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com