On 29/06/2013, at 4:28, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:

It also shows that we care of whom we are writing about, as it's in a format that is usually seen
as an official marketing document that was put together with thought. Printing a page out (yes I
saw Jean's note on printing out a page with details), to me, shows that is was thrown together
really quickly, a brochure needs a little more care and gives a little move added value than a
page.

Many people, including me and a lot of geeks I know, view "official marketing documents" with
suspicion, assuming they will likely be full of hype and empty words, with little factual content
of interest. For some people, a simple fact sheet is much more likely to be read.

--Jean

As for whether they read it or not, if we make a good show of it, they will read it. I would
think that we would have more problems with the casual reader reading through our General and
also our Community brochures would be the one that we would worry about; the information is less
specific and a casual reader may just become disinterested as they may not see anything of
interest that catches their eyes.

Brochures aimed to specific groups will have less of a problem with disinterest, and will have
more specific and to the point information for that particular group. They should be more
factual, to the point, more bulleted and definitely less of marketing hype.

IMO, once we have brochures set up for all of the different types of groups, it will be easier
for us to update the information in them as we move along our community growth. Plus, the nl
groups will also have some marketing materials they can work with and translate.