Le 2013-06-28 11:07, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :

<Contrarian mode>
But this begs the question: do developers really read these brochures?
I'm afraid we're getting swamped in designing brochures as if everybody
actually ready them...

</Contrarian mode>

Thanks,

Charles.

Cheers,

No problem with having a contrarian comment, it is always good to have different views in a discussion.

Here is my pitch for brochure-types:

The brochure is just a medium for which people to carry with them, a lot easier to carry than just a page, the folding is already prescribed. The actual format/style inside the brochure does not have to follow that of the other brochures.

It also shows that we care of whom we are writing about, as it's in a format that is usually seen as an official marketing document that was put together with thought. Printing a page out (yes I saw Jean's note on printing out a page with details), to me, shows that is was thrown together really quickly, a brochure needs a little more care and gives a little move added value than a page.

As for whether they read it or not, if we make a good show of it, they will read it. I would think that we would have more problems with the casual reader reading through our General and also our Community brochures would be the one that we would worry about; the information is less specific and a casual reader may just become disinterested as they may not see anything of interest that catches their eyes.

Brochures aimed to specific groups will have less of a problem with disinterest, and will have more specific and to the point information for that particular group. They should be more factual, to the point, more bulleted and definitely less of marketing hype.

IMO, once we have brochures set up for all of the different types of groups, it will be easier for us to update the information in them as we move along our community growth. Plus, the nl groups will also have some marketing materials they can work with and translate.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com