I can tweak the photos, and I will do so.

Marc, re legal issues about group photos, is there a difference between printed photos and ones on
the web?

--Jean

On 25/06/2013, at 23:00, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:

I printed out the brochure on my B/W with cover stock and it is fine, although, I can't help but
think that the photos need some tweaking, they are a little too dark.

BTW and FYI ... the laws in Canada are being reinforced with respect to group shots. I am in the
middle of a "marketing video production workshop" and we are being advised that group shots like
these need release forms from ALL people in the shots. Our workshop instructors (they own their
own video production company) are advising us not to use any group shots or "street shots" unless
you get a release form/contract from all of the people in the shots regardless of the number of
people in the shot. You could try to blur the faces, but, even then, there are software packages
now that enable the "un-blurring" of photos which makes blurring of faces even impossible to use
(our police forces in Canada use "un-blurring" techniques to catch online child molesters) -- if
the photos can be "un-blurred" then the privacy laws apply.

I am not sure how that would impact the photos if there were any Canadians in the shots. We may
not be able to print out the brochure in Canada unless we had a copy of a release forms from all
of the people in the photos or risk legal action from a Canadian in the shot who would object to
her/his photo being published. I am sure that other country laws may apply here as well.