Hi Ma,

Le 2013-02-06 12:58, Ma Xiaojun a écrit :
I just borrowed OOo 2.0 Getting Started Guide and Migration Guide from
my local library, which is in Hong Kong.

They are published by "Solar Press" and have ISBNs.

At the first glance I thought this is related to Sun, however, it
turns out that it is a press in Hong Kong whose website no longer
accessible, unfortunately.
Archive: https://sites.google.com/a/solarpress.hk/www/

I know it is probably off topic here.
I still want to ask why our documentation seems quite hard to get
published as books have ISBNs.

BTW, I, yet another old school person, do prefer paper-based books.
BTW2, I also feel that it would be cool if our documentations are
available as E-book. Do we have any chance have our documentations
included in things like Safari Books Online, then our documentations
get auto and free inclusion, right?

All of our printed guides are easily obtainable from Lulu.com. I have left you the link on their site[1]. Lulu.com is a "print on demand" printing house. Once you order, it does not take that long to receive the copy through the mail. I got my copy of a guide in 3 days!

Otherwise, our guides are all available from our documentation wiki website[2].

[1] http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?type=&keyWords=libreoffice&x=0&y=0&sitesearch=lulu.com&q=

[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

--
Marc Paré