Le 2013-02-03 08:32, webmaster-Kracked_P_P a écrit :
On 02/03/2013 07:48 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2013-02-03 07:24, Ma Xiaojun a écrit :
This sounds cool.
I guess I can do my part for Hong Kong.

Let's wait and see before doing anything. We would need to set up the
process first and then we can get to work on it.

But I think this would be an easy entry-level marketing chore for
newcomers to the team.

How about donating a book with the current version[s] of LibreOffice, as
a "bundle". Give them a book with the software so they could give it to
their IT person to see what LibreOffice is all about. I gave my local
Library system a DVD before, but I found out that their IT person knew
all about OOo and LO at that point.

ALSO
if you have any community-based computer centers,or even a "English as a
second language" teaching center, there may be someappreciation for LO
there. Having several languages for spell checking, or even menus, might
be a good idea in some of those places.

They might like the idea of "free" as well, since these places tend to
not have much of a budget to get orkeep their systems updated. I know of
one place that had older/used systems donated to them since they could
not afford to buy them. These places are a good candidate for user
manuals and "getting started" guides.

SO
there are more places than just libraries that might benefit from a
donation.

Yup, this would be fine. However, my suggestion is to get docs into libraries and hope that they would put the LibreOffice docs on their yearly budget requests.

For example, University budget requests in Canada are mostly due by the end of their fiscal year in April. We would have to suggest LibreOffice docs to them in January as a reminder.

For example, school board high school library fiscal year ends in June in my local school boards, we would also have to remind them of LibreOffice docs purchases in January as well.

We should concentrate on organizations with recurring budgets who can afford the $$$ to purchase the texts as well as have a large readership who may be able to use them.

This will also give us more brand exposure.

But, as you say, there is nothing to stop LibreOffice individuals to donate a book to a local group where it may benefit from it. This is certainly a good idea.

BTW ... when I say reminder ... most countries/districts now demand that organizations get prior approval to send such emails. We would have to get prior approval from these institutions to get on a reminder list before sending then any other emails.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com