Hi Tim

Le 2012-11-17 18:36, webmaster-Kracked_P_P a écrit :

I was wondering about events LIKE Scale, and not Scale itself. I know
that Jean a the crew that deal with Scale are good at getting what they
need for their table, but there are events like Scale that could use help.

That is way I stated "planned to have" in the 2013 and 2014 budgets for
such events. Last year, there was a FOSS presence in an event about an
hour's drive from me in a city that has one BIG and a few smaller
colleges in and around it. If there were events like that that could use
help getting the needed items to make a good LO booth, I hope there
would be plans in the works to help these events that are much smaller
than and event like Scale.

I see a listing of what a "marketing booth kit" could include, in
earlier postings of this thread. It is really nice to have marketing
materials, handouts, and such. But, I am just concerned with the
abilities of the smaller local and regional shows to get the needed
materials that the larger shows have access to. If there was a "tech
show" in my area, it would not be even 1/10 as big as Scale could be. I
know that I would not have the ability to get the funds locally to put
on a good showing at a LO booth. There are few options for the smaller
communities like mine or in my region of the State.

What I hope is that there would be marketing funds available to these
smaller groups and their region's shows.

Yes, the big shows like Scale can really have big turnouts. The problem
is that there are not going to be any big events that are less than a 5
hour drive from my area for local business leaders and user to go to. I
would like help figuring out how to best market to these people,
including a private college that is over 150 years old and a community
college that is over 50 years old.

This is what this is all about. A kit that would be shipped out to meets where people needed it.

We are down to identifying the objects in the kit, and, unless anyone has any other useful object to include in the kit (box), then, I will do an approximate cost so that it can be proposed to the BoD. Later, we would identify key regions to target/seed with the kits.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com