On 07/17/2012 09:14 AM, Fabian Rodriguez wrote:

On 07/16/2012 02:19 PM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
On 07/16/2012 12:53 PM, Jean Weber wrote:
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 2:50 AM, Evans Ikua <ikua.evans@gmail.com> wrote:
Just wondering, is there something like "regional distribution people"?
Evans
In some cases, yes. North America, for example, at least for DVDs.

--Jean

The LO North American Community DVD project has had DVDs since the mid
3.3 line. It is hard to get the DVDs beyond the area of the local
individuals are living in though. I have given out 100's of DVDs to
people, businesses, agencies, government offices, etc., within 10 to 30
miles of my location in New York State. I have also sent a few copies to
people in the EU and India via mail, before there was an "easy" way to
download the .iso files from LO's download pages.
[...]

I am also cooking my own version, specifically for Quebec.

It's nowhere as complete and extensive as the NADVD, I focused on local
needs and simplicity (and documenting all my process).

My notes are here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:MagicFab/LibODVD

Cheers,

Fabian Rodriguez
http://libreoffice.magicfab.ca

Once you get it done, maybe you can get it on the LO servers so others can see/use it?

That is the key.  Sharing.

Each user who decides to create a DVD for "local" user can inspire others to do the same.

I know that the NA-DVD is rather "large" and extensive, but it is a project that is over a year old now. Plus, our idea of a complete package can be quite different from others for their local/regional needs.

Right now, I would love to see a Spanish, French, and other languages represented in the CD/DVD downloads besides English and German.