Hello Sophie,

I'll try to answer briefly as well... :-)

Le Thu, 05 Jul 2012 20:33:59 +0200,
Sophie Gautier <gautier.sophie@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi Charles, all,
On 05/07/2012 16:37, Charles-H.Schulz wrote:
Hello everyone,
[...]
Apologies for the long message,
So I hope you don't mind if I make it really shorter and with direct
questions after your needed explanations ;)

- marketers, who are you? who among you feels to be and wants to be a
contributor in this field ?
      x Danishka
      x Marc
      x... ?
--> please don't hesitate to share your ideas and experience

Just one comment: I think we'll also be better able to create a more
solid team (solid as in more coordinated and purposeful) once we have
a strategy and people who adhere to it.

- what are the actions you want to take ?
      x I have seen the DVD on US marketing (thanks to WKPP :)
      x Brazilian community is doing a lot
--> my question: would it be interesting to document these actions
and try to reproduce them or is it only local possible efforts ?

It is, and not just for local replication, but also because as you know
even more than I do, that memory for a project like Libreoffice is
important; it brings background, experience and hindsight.

Coming back on the DVD and the Bazilian team's actions, there are great
examples of success on a local level (I say "local" but I ought to call
them "national") done by a team of motivated and experienced
contributors. But these are actions; we need a plan that would justify
their replication, the development of other, different actions, but
would also require some investment, either directly from TDF or by
local NGOs. In a word: we need a strategy. It's true that we don't
start from zero, because there are important activities going on here
and there; we need a plan, a coherence, and general purpose to what we
are doing.

Best,
Charles.

- what difficulties do you meet to join or to take action on your
area?

Thanks in advance for you feedback
Kind regards
Sophie

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder & Director, The Document Foundation,