The big thing about "The Apache Way" is they want to own the code our volunteers have worked on for the past year.

I wonder how many of these people are willing to hand over their copyrights?

Also, since there is a move to replace Java coding with Python coding as the code base is cleaned out of unneeded and "bad" coding. Does that mean that Apache's OOo project will not be able to us the code LO people create, even if they will allow the code owners to keep their copyrights?

What happens to all the open-source code that was part of OOo before it was converted to The Apache Way? Since they seems to say that all that code no longer is owned by those who wrote it, but now are the propriety of Apache? Will it be still allowed for LO to use that code base, until we modify it with the Python and other new coding standards LO are working towards? I do not like the idea that a company could take open-source copyrighted code by others, and state that they now owe the code and the copyrights to it.

The software listed in the linked article, that are Apache products touted to be successful with The Apache Way, are once I never heard of. I use to look for every free software out there for Windows users. I still do some times. I never heard of these in all my searches, so their success is something that I cannot agree with. You search for free software and LO comes up many places. Those I never found.