On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 7:45 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <
webmaster@krackedpress.com> wrote:

You get LibreOffice people to be the "local" people.  I know of a NY City
company that needs a minimum of 4 items per order, and Drew knows a one-up
company.

Get local people involved to be the "local/regional" providers for the
items.  Trust them to provide a share/donation to LO.
Since you would have to deal with individuals for the EU area for
printing/shipping, you will need to find them in the other regions that
would be the go-between for the orders.

What guarantee do you have for people who will produce DVDs and actually
donate part of the "sales" to LO?  It is a matter of Trust.

If I could do a business out of my government-subsidized apartment, I would
sell copies of DVDs and LO items [polo shirts and such].  But I am limited
in what I can do.  If someone wants a DVD from me, I could ship one to
him/her with a "gift" to cover me costs, but I could not sell them one [as
far as I know].  I shipped a copy [or three] of the NA-DVD to a guy in
Malta.  He said he could help with the shipping costs.  Whether or not he
does provide me with it, it is up to him, but I could not sell him a copy of
the DVD[s].

So it is a matter of Trust.  Do you trust people in the different regions
of the world to provide regional LO items and donate some of the income to
TDF/LO?  Do you trust someone in the next city or country that is your
friend to do the same.  It is all about Trusting people to do the right
thing.

If you want to know about the New York City company that I would use to
print/embroider shirts, hats, etc., send me direct email off the list.

I am not talking about the TDF community but external people.