Hi Marc

2011/1/26 Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com>

Le 2011-01-26 09:11, Paulo de Souza Lima a écrit :

 Hello Charles.

I am just a new guy here, but I'd like to give a little opinion:

I think that just one day is a too short time to make a real valid opinion
about the whole suite. I can be wrong, but much of the article is a little
tendentious.

However, there some interesting issues in it. He (the author) talks about
something like Ms sharepoint or Google Docs. LibreOffice has some
extensions
to play that role. I can cite GDocs and Wikipublisher, for example (Am I
being too naive?).

I would not quote either of these unless you use them. I tried
Wikipublisher and could not get it to work. I also saw on another thread (I
think the French thread) where there was a discussion on this.

Do you use GDocs? If so, you could let us know how well it works. You
should even let us know if it does not work well so that we can fix it.

I don't use Wikipublisher, despite it's installed in my BrOffice. But I was
successfully  using Gdocs in version 3.2. I have not tried it in 3.3 yet,
but a quick test showed some errors I haven't seen in version 3.2. I could
import documents from Google Docs, but I cannot save them to.

I use LibreOffice at work, at a public company in Brazil. Almost everyone
here (500+ workers) use this office suite, so I just don't understand why
should the company rely on a journalist recommendation. Despite some
people
follow "opinion makers", most of the companies follow their own interests.

This is exactly the type of information that need to show up on the
comments. You could add you comment if you wanted.

Yes, I will do that as soon as I have a little free time here :)

The problem with the horizontal scroll bar, he told, I couldn't reproduce
in
my computer (I am using Ubuntu 10.04). I couldn't see any JRE erros until
now on my system, related to LibreOffice.

I haven't experienced all of the suite until this moment, and I think it's
gonna take a month, at least, for me to make an opinion about it, because
it's a very complex application.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Rgds.

Paulo, your remarks are not an inconvenience, they are an inspiration.
Thank you for your remarks.

Marc

Rgds
--