So, I'm currently discussing it with Pierre-Yves as they have a project to deliver content
directly to the Francophone countries. There is also some initiatives that may be used for
sponsoring see :
http://www.inforoutes.francophonie.org/actualites/nouvelle.cfm?der_id=302&type=accueil
and more generally the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie. But I'll update the
progress on our FR lists.

Sophie,

Does the above link refer to possible grants from a government or foundation? Something that could
help cover the costs of distribution by CD, DVD or other media? If so, that is a very promising
avenue to pursue.

In any case, the idea of sponsorships for free CDs mailed to new users is worth considering.
Perhaps sponsors would ask to advertise on the exterior of the case the media is shipped within, in
exchange for covering the cost? (Netflix envelopes all include ads inside the package, which must
help defray their operating costs.)

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bhorst@mac.com