Second part of exchange from dev list transferred here:

Le 2010-12-09 08:20, Sophie Gautier a écrit :

> If you would like, I can introduce Pierre-Yves to you, he is from Framasoft and taking care currently to package the FramaKey described here:
> http://framakey.org/Pack/Framakey-Ubuntu (FR)
> http://framakey.org/En/Details (EN).
>
> Kind regards
> Sophie

I can see how a USB stick would be a more elegant way of distributing the distro. The price would seem to be the only problem that I can see. Framakey (Framasoft) is offering a 4gig stick for 19Euro and 4Eu shipping. A smaller and less expensive stick could be offered with just the LO distro on the stick. The cost would have to be kept as low as possible. Framasoft carries the portable OOo, I imagine that they will eventually carry the portable LibreOffice as well. I am not sure if he has pronounced himself on this.

IMO, it would be best to try to foster communities where there is a very low LibreOffice presence and from there encourage the creation of a distribution system locally. Perhaps these groups would elect to use the USB key format rather than CD/DVD.

Anyway, coincidentally, there is another thread on marketing that was just started and perhaps this would be the best place to discuss it. I have created a wiki page to track volunteers who are interested in shipping CD/DVD (I have added my name as well), until we can have a more organised place for it on the permanent LO website. You can find the page here: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas/Distribution. I believer I had seen another member volunteer her/his services on another thread as well.

The discussion on the marketing list can be found here: http://go.mail-archive.com/rMCudrkDiF78H5C4fP-B9TnaTZA=

I'll copy/paste your previous post so that the thread is more complete and we could continue the discussion there if you don't mind.

Thanks for the tips and I'll make a note on the wiki re: Framasoft once we complete the organisation.

Marc Paré
http://www.parEntreprise.com