On Saturday 13 Nov 2010 22:16:05 Johannes Bausch wrote:
And when we're at it: Can we sit down and make a LibO logo contest?
With a deadline? I suggest the following:

1) Have a contest for a general mockup, this includes
* Logo symbol
* Logo text (see issue I already mentioned, we need the text path to
be refined somehow)
* Icons for files and applications

Frankly, as I've stated previously, I don't like contests, Contests rarely
deliver anything that is consistent across the brand and they don't build
community.

 I would prefer that we focus on building our own Art community so that we can
build continuity into our branding.  Artwork is an ongoing process as is
branding, we don't have contests for code contributions, marketing plans,
pamphlets and so on so why should we do it for Branding elements.

At the moment we have three very good proposals from people within the
community, let's use one of them.  We don't need a contest with all the
associated hoopla and nonsense when we can look at what we have and develop
those through a collaborative process rather than a competitive one.

cheers
GL

--
Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Assessor Trainer
(International Grades in Open Technologies)
www.theingots.org