Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Please clarify translation deadlines

Hi Tuomas, *,

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 3:39 PM Tuomas Hietala <tuomas.hietala@iki.fi> wrote:

> Thanks for the explanation. However, it's not explained on either of the
> wiki pages mentioned earlier that tags are created already on the
> previous week. Would you mind adding that bit of information?

The times for each RC are listed. And the weeks for the RCs are also
the week that applies to the translation-deadline (1st day of the
week, aka the Monday)

e.g: for 6.4.0:
[…]
RC2 Week 2 , Jan 6, 2020 - Jan 12, 2020
RC3 Week 4 , Jan 20, 2020 - Jan 26, 2020

To have the translations included in the RC2, which is tagged in Week
2, the translations have to be submitted until January 6.
For RC3, week4, it is January 20.

> Or better yet, there is a "whiteboard" feature in Weblate, which allows
> admins to send messages to translators. It would be good to have the
> deadlines announced in advance. Or this mailing list or the wiki could
> also be used.

The ReleasePlan is pretty static, changes to the plan are rare.
(and most of the times it then would be delays, and not shifting the
deadline to an earlier date).
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/6.4

ciao
Christian