It might be a different issue on Ubuntu. Or indeed, two.
1) As far as I remember, Ubuntu is usually several versions behind the latest LO
releases, something about stability before they release into Ubuntu. So it may
be some time before LO on Ubuntu progresses to the version you're working on.
2) We had a problem with gd which had to do with Debian (I think, I'll check
when I'm back on my desktop). If I recall rightly, in order for your langpacks
to be included on Ubuntu, the locale has to be added to Debian in some way. So
it may be the case that gn (like gd previously) is missing in some Debian list
of locales.

I'll check my emails and follow up on 2) unless someone else can remember in
more detail and/or check for gn.

Michael

On 21 January 2015 at 12:34 Giovanni Caligaris <giovannicaligaris@gmail.com>