Hi Giovanni,

2014.10.21 07:55, Giovanni Caligaris wrote:
Thanks for answering. I have been talking to Adolfo earlier today and
he mention most of the stuff you said. The last email I sent him said
that I have already made an account with Pootle and my username is
*libreoffice. *I have also subscribed to the
l10n+subscribe@global.libreoffice.org
<mailto:l10n%2Bsubscribe@global.libreoffice.org>. At first I got an
email asking if it was a real person so I confirmed, but after that I
did not get a confirmation from them (if that matters?).

if you get two copies of this e-mail (one of them with the list footer),
that means you have been subscribed successfully. Otherwise probably
not. Once you are subscribed, I suggest to reply to the e-mails coming
from this list back to the list, so that everyone gets a copy of your
reply and nobody receives it twice.

I personally don't speak Guarani but I know the importance of the
language in the country. I have a friend who is highly educated in the
language (even though there isn’t much of a professional grammar for
it), he does speak the language perfect. I told him I would like to
start with him and then try to get some government support. I know
once we start this there will be plenty of other contributors.

The Guarani alphabet s the same as the Spanish, it uses the Ñ and the
same accent marks*.

*
I want to let you know that I am very excited to do this. I didn't
start earlier because I was living in Canada/USA for the past 15 years
and I just moved back to Paraguay last Thursday (I'm ready to go).

Wow, that's quite a rush!

Let me know if you see my username and my email on the mail list.

I do see your username in Pootle. But it is libreguarani, not
libreoffice. :) I have granted you all the necessary permissions for
Guarani: https://translations.documentfoundation.org/gn/.

I have also enabled two projects for your language: LibreOffice UI and
Terminology. While it might be tempting to start with the former, I
strongly advice you to work on Terminology first (I'm even inclined to
remove LibO UI for now). Terminology is a special type of project
because it does not contain any source files. You are free to upload any
dictionaries that you have to it (after converting them to a suitable
format (.po) first). If you don't have a dictionary yet, no worries –
there are folks on this list and elsewhere who will gladly assist you
with that, you just have to ask.

Happy localizing! :)

Rimas