Hi Eike

23/05/2014 13:29, sgrìobh Eike Rathke:
Hi Michael,

I confess myself guilty :D
Happens to us all!
If you could suggest a better wording?

What is meant:
* if the option "Conversion from text to number" is set to "Generate
   #VALUE! error" then the option "Treat empty string as zero" is
   disabled
   * in this case an empty string also generates a #VALUE! error
* if the option "Conversion from text to number" is set to "Treat as
   zero" then the option "Treat empty string as zero" is disabled
   * in this case an empty string is converted to zero as well

Now how to squeeze that in the little space available..
LOL not sure if that made it any clearer. Let me check first if I understood you by taking out some ifs:
Scenario 1
Set "Conversion from text to number" to "Generate #VALUE! error" disables "Treat empty string as zero"
Result: [empty string] in a calculation > error

Scenario 2
Set "Conversion from text to number" to "Treat as zero" disables "Treat empty string as zero" (I'm assuming that makes sense somehow, that both scenarios disable "Treat empty string as zero" though somehow my gut says this should be "enables")
Result: [empty string] in a calculation > turns into zero

This options determines how empty strings are handled in calculations. If empty strings are set to result in an error, this option is disabled. If empty strings are set to be treated as a zero, this option is enabled.

What it probably meant is locale instead of language. I'd have to lookup its use though, but that "wizard" is a mess.. a quick browse didn't reveal anything. As this is in since years and I doubt anyone except people of a country affected by a Euro adoption in its first months is using this wizard, if at all, I'd just silently ignore it unless someone wants to deep dive into it.
Hm ok I'll ignore it then, thanks for the explanation!

Michael