Hi Michael,

On Friday, 2014-05-23 00:19:07 +0100, Michael Bauer wrote:

veTGD  formulacalculationoptions.ui
This option determines whether an empty string is to be treated as
having a value of zero when used in arithmetic or generates an
error. It is disabled if conversion from text to number is set to
always generate an error or always treat text as zero and then
follows that value.

The last bit sounds very German

I confess myself guilty :D

but doesn't make much sense.

Well, to me it did ;) so..

Could this be reworded into something that is easier to understand?

If you could suggest a better wording?

What is meant:
* if the option "Conversion from text to number" is set to "Generate
  #VALUE! error" then the option "Treat empty string as zero" is
  disabled
  * in this case an empty string also generates a #VALUE! error
* if the option "Conversion from text to number" is set to "Treat as
  zero" then the option "Treat empty string as zero" is disabled
  * in this case an empty string is converted to zero as well

Now how to squeeze that in the little space available..

GU4bt  euro.src
The language set for your operating system is not a language of the
European Monetary Union.

This used to be "you selected a currency which isn't part of the
EMU" (or something like that). Is this really about languages now?

No, the string is in since 2004, just it's resource ID was shifted by
one when I inserted "Latvian Lats" as a new currency name. We have
"The currency set for the document is not a European currency!"
and
"The language set for your operating system is not a language of the
European Monetary Union."
These weren't changed but shifted.

And if so, is that a wise move? There are some cross-border
languages that fall either side of the divide (like Irish in Ireland
which has the Euro but in Northern Ireland it has the Pound; Danish
in Denmark which has the krone but on the German side the Euro;
Swedish in Sweden vs Finland... there's probably a few more). I'm
not sure what the feature does but from a language angle this
strikes me as something that's likely to go pear-shaped.

What it probably meant is locale instead of language. I'd have to lookup
its use though, but that "wizard" is a mess.. a quick browse didn't
reveal anything. As this is in since years and I doubt anyone except
people of a country affected by a Euro adoption in its first months is
using this wizard, if at all, I'd just silently ignore it unless someone
wants to deep dive into it.

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack