Hi Mirosław,
Le 02/12/2013 18:37, Mirosław Zalewski a écrit :
Dnia 2013-12-02, o godz. 09:39:49
Olivier Hallot <olivier.hallot@documentfoundation.org> napisał(a):

Although the origin of the english strings are from the developers,
and they are focused in producing code and fixing bugs more than
writing beautiful english, it may be necessary that we - the
community and in a continuous process - start reviewing the
linguistics in english.

Three months ago I have asked similar question here. Precisely: what to
do with English string that could be improved[0]? I got few other
suggestions on how to improve that string, but nothing was done.

That's actually the issue. Andras is helping a lot here, but he is not
the one responsible of the en_US version. And I don't think somebody is
in fact.

Also, Polish translation is periodically changed without our knowledge
and consent. Last time I remember someone has superseded all "Liczba"
with "Ilość" (first one is for countable, second for uncountable; it's
like changing "many" to "much" in English). There were some releases
that embarrass Polish translation team before we have learned about this
change.

I believe you but I don't know how that can happen. I understand it's
really frustrating and that should never happen again. Please tell here
if you see some strings changed again, we should seriously investigate
this.

Why do I say that? Because these are the reasons that makes
me not believe in success of this initiative. Translating LibreOffice
was ungrateful in the past and I think that this time it will not only
be enormous task, but also no one will say "thank you" and in few
months someone will carelessly waste all that has been accomplished.

Something I don't agree with you: nobody will do that carelessly. Don't
think that if a mistake has been done it was on purpose or by being
careless. Also I think that if you don't hear a thank you, be sure that
I'm personally thankful to the l10n team to be so patient and for
working so hard, that make me specifically proud to be part of this
team. And if this can be of help, I'm alone to translate the FR version
and have very very few 'thank you' from the FR community, but never
mind, I do this work for the project itself, not for one community ;)

I don't mean to discourage anyone from helping, but I do know that
there are people here that feel the same way.

What is important is to try to solve what can be frustrating for us and
don't stay whit this frustration. A situation can always be improved but
for that we have to know and take action on it. This is Olivier proposal
and what we should work on. Same for your issue about changes in the
string in Pootle, if it happens again, we have to investigate and
correct what went wrong.

Nevertheless, I wish you best luck and I would love to be proved wrong.

Thanks a lot, same for you and thank you for your participation here :)

Cheers
Sophie