Hi André,

2010/10/11 andré <andr55@laposte.net>:
Hi Sophie :
I'm interested in the French translations, and following your links, I've
downloaded the fr.po, lo-build-fr.po and lo-build-fr.sdf files, and
completed the translations as much as I could.

Oups, I've already completed the translation :( Sorry that I didn't
mention it here. Well, we will use this turn as a training one for you
if you agree :)
First, did you merge the .pot file with the .po one, or did you
transform the .sdf one in .po?

It's not clear to me when one should use the tag "fuzzy".

When the translation doesn't match with the sources.

In a number of cases for adjectives, the gender and number context is
unknown.
I've translated these as masculin (no offense :) ) and singular.

ok, please send me your files, I'll have a look and will comment
inside, it will be easier as it depends of the context
Should I tag these as fuzzy, which as I understand will show the original
English, or not, in which case my translation will show, presumably to be
corrected as necessary ?

You can leave comments. What software did you use to edit the files ?

There are other cases where the context is unknown.  What is a good guide as
to when these should be tagged as fuzzy ?

Don't tag them as fuzzy, but leave a comment and I'll review your translation.

Another question :
In two places in the .PO file, there is the entry "Watch Window".  Could you
tell me what this could mean ?
(I ony have a French version of OpenOffice.)

I'll leave a comment in the file

A final question : How do we submit the translations.  Also, is it expected
that we generate the lo-build-fr.sdf file ?

For this turn, some of our friends will commit our files to git
directly. Next time, we will use Pootle I think. It's better to
convert the final translation as .sdf file to run gsicheck on it (what
I should have done and will do this evening). Gsicheck allow to verify
that the file is not corrupted (no tagID missing or translated, or
other errors like that) and make sure that the build won't break.

Please send me your file directly, I'll comment your translation and
next time we will coordinate better our work :)
Kind regards
Sophie

Thanks in advance
- André